Our products are very popular in Japan, South Korea ,most of Europe and United States. We are looking forward to your enquiry
Lot of 1000 Count Round Toothpicks 100% NATURAL BAMBOO One Point
2.3 Culm sectioning, splitting and rodmaking
• Culms may be sectioned by hand or by using a cross-cutting machine. It is necessary to
remove nodes at or very close to either end of a section as they hinder proper splitting.
INBAR - NFU
Transfer of Technology Model: Bamboo Toothpick Manufacturing Unit
• The sections are then split longitudinally into splits of approximately equal width in the
• Each split is then passed through a rod making machine that produces fine round threads
of bamboo the same thickness as the eventual toothpick (usually 2mm). The machine
also removes the outer green layer of the culm that is still attached to the split. However,
the use of just one machine to produce rods from splits is relatively wasteful of bamboo
wood. Productivity per culm is higher if the splits are passed through a series of
machines, each of which produces splits of successively smaller diameter. However, the
capital investment and running costs would increase.
• The bamboo rods are then left in the sunshine to dry.
• The rods may be bleached in open tanks to ensure uniformity of colour and increase
acceptance amongst consumers. The rods are soaked in the bleaching agent (such as
hydrogen peroxide, H2O2) for 15 minutes and then piled together to allow further
penetration of the bleaching agent. They should be covered with plastic sheet to protect
them from rain.
2.4 Toothpick production
• After drying the rods are cut to toothpick length. The cutting machine has an exposed
blade and appropriate care should be taken to avoid injury.
• The toothpicks are then placed in the polishing machine.
• The ends of the toothpicks are then sharpened in the end-sharpening machine. In the
case of single-ended toothpicks, other machines are available that engrave patterns or
rings in the blunt end for decoration.
• Finally the toothpicks are placed in the grinding machine to finish them off.
If you are interested in any of our products or would like to discuss a custom order, please feel free to contact us.